Monday 10 June 2013

GYM BOX Pin Up Pole Class with Instructor Isis


Wow what a class! So to do this session I went to the GYM BOX in Bank. Its still got the same Urban feel as the Covent Garden one and is super trendy. I quickly got changed and went in the studio to get started to see three fitness poles set up with a large platform base on the bottom of each one. We started off with a few stretches as with this class you will be required to use muscles and parts of the body your not used to using everyday. This was my first ever class of this nature and I wasn't missing this part. After the stretches we moved onto a warm up with some gentle moves on the pole working all of the body and then the fun began. I have to say I did feel a little self conscious as I had never done anything like this before and was very scared of what I might look like. Isis however made me feel very comfortable whilst I was giving the moves a good old go on the pole to the funky music.

The moves I lernt in my first class were:
Fireman spin 
Climb and sit
Bottoms up 
Seated chair spin 
Cartwheel kick 

I am pleased to announce that I did managed to do them all and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could feel how this was in fact a very good workout for the whole body and would say this is good for conditioning your body as well as strengthening. The next day I could feel my thighs had a great workout so I would also say that this class is good for toning legs if that is something you would like to do (I think thats the case for most of us women).
Not only that though…. I walked away from the class feeling like I had achieved something new and exciting. I will definitely be giving this class another go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...